Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This and that

Not much is abuzz in the Parker house at this late hour! The kids are tucked into bed, and my other half is also found contact with his pillow. So it's nice and quiet. Just the way I like it.

It's been an unusual week. Saturday we went to Rebekah's Sparks-arama and her team from Sequim Bible Church tied for second place. It was so much fun watching her compete in different games. She had a blast.

Since then we've had some odd weather, including periods of snow! Yesterday there was literally snow flurries ALL day. Crazy! Not much stuck, but if it had.....(would have been awesome!-okay only if I don't have to go anywhere, otherwise it's not so fun)

Today my daughter woke with a slight fever and cough so being the good mother I am (ha!), kept her home from school. However, it took her nearly an hour to get used to the idea that she was in fact staying home. I think that she thought if she went and got dressed (including shoes and combing her hair) that I would change my mind. Poor dear! She is a socialite and can't stand the thought of missing out on anything. She is doing much better tonight; her fever left in the middle of the day, so hopefully it's just a 24 hour thing!

Other news, my son! Yes, Mister Austin, who I bragged up on my facebook page and perhaps other blog postings, is now showing little or no interest in the potty or big boy underwear!!!! Go figure! He did so well for several weeks and now he has little motivation. I must come up with more bribes.........................(I am open to suggestions.....)

As for me, it's just been the usual, dirty dishes, laundry, fix dinner (or whatever meal of the day it's time for) then more laundry and several attempts to find suitable snacks for the kids (I never remember eating as much as they do, when I was a kid???!), computer time, and whatever else I can squeeze into my day: doctor appointments, potty training, shopping, etc. Whew! Oh, well, such is a day in the life of a stay at home mom.

As not to leave anyone out, my hubby is also doing okay. He still is liking his job and stays busy with it.

Well enough for now. I'm off to spend some of my quiet time relaxing, which reminds me that I didn't have my devotions this morning, because my morning routine got messed up, because my daughter was home sick. So I'm off to do my Beth Moore Bible study......

Good Night!

2 comments:

Bethany Jones said...

Adam's mom said she used to put a cheerio in the toilet and tell him it was a target. then going to the bathroom was fun. lol. thanks for your comment on my blog. i appreciated it. :-)

The Salisburys said...

Been thinking of you....glad to hear you are well! As for the potty training....everyone tells me boys are harder to train than girls. Judging from the boy I train....I agree!! We would try, try, try. Finally, one day it clicked! All I can say is give it time and it will happen. It won't be the end of the world if they aren't trained when everyone else thinks they should be!:):)