Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Trying to catch up ....













I know, it's been absolutely forever since I updated this thing! So here is a little recap of our summer.

We survived, the very hot humid weather, of Kansas! Actually we really enjoyed our trip back there! We had a blast seeing all our family and friends. It was certainly a l-o-n-g ride back there. I think we all got tired of sitting so much! I was so proud of the kids for doing so well. The portable dvd players kept them entertained and they took quite a few naps along the way too.

Then after we got home, our computer crashed. So it was a week or so, before everything got fixed and we were back in our "groove" of life! It's so pathetic when you feel so disconnected just because of no Internet. I know that I've become very dependent on it, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

The first part of September, school started. Rebekah is now a second grader! She switched schools this year, since we moved, it put her in the other elementary school in our district. She has an great teacher and enjoys it most every day.

Austin is going on his second year of being home by himself while his sister is at school. So that means, more one-on-one-mommy-time. I'm teaching him his alphabet and numbers and he really looks forward to doing that each day. Next year, he will be a big kindergartner!! I really don't even want to think about it.(my little baby is growing up, sniff, sniff!)

Our church had our women's retreat out at Camp David Jr. Myself and six other ladies, were in charge of coordinating it this year. We had sooo much fun. However, I didn't realize how many details there were in planning something like this. Whew! I was a bit glad when the weekend was over! But seeing all the women together fellow-shipping with one another, made it all worth it. We even had someone come in and teach us how to make chocolate truffles! It's way easier than I thought and so much fun. So now I know what I'm doing for Christmas gifts this year......(if I don't eat them all.....!)

We still stay busy with our Young Adult Bible Study on Tuesday nights. It been such a blessing to see the way it's been growing over the last couple of years. Last week we had 15 people and 15 kids!! It's just incredible. We are studying the book, Humility- True Greatness, by C.J. Mahaney. It's excellent!(and we are only 2 chapters into it!) I will keep you updated and share with you some quotes from the book.

Of course there is also AWANA this year. Rebekah is in her 3rd year of Sparks and Austin his 2nd year of Cubbies. I help out as a secretary in Sparks so that keeps me busy the same as my kids.

That pretty much sums it up. Chris is still saying busy with helping out with games at high school and middle school youth groups, and working the soundboard for Contemporary service on Sunday mornings.

So it's anything but slow around here; but yet I find myself with time to blog. (hmm, I'm sure there is some housework that is being neglected because of it, oh, well!) I had better close this post. It's getting long. I will try to keep this updated better......(try-being the key word!).

Blessings to all!


The picture above, was taken out at Lake Crescent where our women's retreat was held. It was so beautiful out there! (and very relaxing!)

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I know I totally stink at blogging! But I love reading up on all my friends and family. Glad to hear that you had a great vacation and woman's retreat.

The Salisburys said...

Great update! Sounds like you are a busy bee! Wish I could have seen you when you were back here. So close yet still so far :( Love ya!