Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sane in Sequim

We are alive and sane in Sequim. (not quite sure about the sane, but oh well!) We have finally got moved in and beginning to see some progress in unpacking those dreaded boxes. Ugh.. that's what I don't like about moving. You see boxes for months. So I keep rearranging the boxes, moving them from room to room, so it kind of looks like I'm doing something. (ha-ha)

However, I am enjoying the sunshine over here. We get a whole more sun and actually only about 15 inches of rain per year. What's amazing is that only 40 miles from here, they get an annual rain fall of 150 inches!! They call it the rainshadow effect, because the high moutains which surround the Dungeness River Valley (where Sequim is) essentially blocks us from getting so much rain. Pretty interesting if you ask me. If you want to know more about all of that you can find it on, www.visitsun.com.

This past weekend, we went over and helped my in-laws move back into their house. That was accomplished on Saturday, and on Sunday we saw many of our friends at church for the last time, and then celebrated Austin's 2nd birthday. It was actually the week before on Saturday, but since we moved that day, we weren't able to have cake or anything. So we just kind of had a belated celebration for him. He is growing up so fast, and becoming quite the little boy.

We only have about 3 places to go grocery shopping here: Costco, Safeway & QFC. We do have a Walmart, but not a super center. (the closest one is about 45-60 mintues away) I'm so used to shopping at Winco, that I'm not sure how I'm going to adjust. There are some really cute shops downtown here in Sequim that I'm dying to explore. But you know it's those places you don't take kids, so I guess I will just wait till I get a Saturday free and leave them with their dad!!

I hope this fills you in on what's going on with us. I should be able to keep this updated a little more frequently now, since we are back online! (yeah!) Toodles for now. Hope you have a blessed day.



In another view from our back deck, you can see the coffee place-the green building in the middle. The building further in the back are QFC (grocery store who's parent company is Kroger) and a nice little Chinese restaurant is back there too. We tried it out last week. Yummy!
This is looking out our back deck; the brown building in the background on the right, houses the office that Chris works out of.


Brother and sister-check out Rebekah's shirt. I couldn't resist buying it for her for Valentine's Day. She is such a daddy's girl!


Enjoying his birthday presents, Thomas the Train.


Getting ready to blow out that candle!





Austin's belated birthday cake.




Just hanging out in mom's kitchen cupboard.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting all settled in-it's kind of fun to get to explore a new place. =) Austin is so big! Happy Birthday from us!

Katie

LeAnn said...

Thanks! It's nice to get settled in and I'm really loving it here. Wish we could get together sometime! Miss you guys!
LeAnn