Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

Easter greetings, a little late. We had a terrific Easter weekend. We went back over Friday night and stayed with some friends (the Cunninghams) from church. Then we attened our annual Easter Egg Hunt at church. We had a great turnout and saw lots of families who hadn't been too church in a long time. Then Michele and I, got to have some girl time, with lunch at Olive Garden and shopping. Yes, we went looking for that "gotta have" Easter dress. We hit Nortstrom Rack, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshall's and Target, with no luck!!! We finally went to Fred Meyer (which is a really nice grocery store/department store). I told Michele, that we should at least be able to find some nice lettuce leaves!(ha-ha) I won't repeat what her response was! Anyway, she had luck and and found a nice outfit there. I struck out. Oh, well, I guess that is what you get, when you wait until the last minute and then have a pretty small budget.

We came home Sunday afternoon, then went and ate Easter dinner with our other friends, Chris & Deb Lemke (who Chris stayed with, before we moved over here). He has known them for years and grew up with their kids/stepkids. We had a great evening. So it was a busy weekend, but a fun one! Now we just have to get back in the groove of things, and catch up on all that sleep we lost this weekend!!!



Mama Sandy, Big Daddy, and their "adopted" sons, Tim and Chris! For you who don't know, this is John & Sandy Schmahl, from our old church in Kent. They are like our "second" parents!(we love them!)

Okay, these are our friends, Tim & Michele Cunningham, and their four kids, along with us. We stayed with them over the Easter weekend, and had a blast. I mean who wouldn't have fun with six kids, 2 cats and one rambunctious dog and four adults who couldn't stop talking!!!
Austin at the Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. (he stood in one place and just loaded up on the eggs!)



Rebekah also had her basket full! Now comes the fun part, rationing out the candy. I bet I can make it last till summertime!


No comments: