I've updated a several of you via the phone, but for other's I will catch you up. After my trip to the ER, I'm making all kinds of progress. Wednesday they (outpatient services) called me and got me set up with an event monitor that day. I am wearing it for a week, and I can push the button when I'm feel my weird fluttering heart and it records it. Then after I accumulate seven of them, I call them up and download it over the phone! It's pretty cool! They have gotten several really good readings. Then my primary care doctor called on Thursday afternoon, and said my doctor wanted to see the next afternoon and that they were working me in. After I got there, I told the nurse (she is awesome!) about not getting the report of from the docs in Tacoma, she was like "Do you have their number"? Oh, yes, I handed it right over and she had it faxed right then. Now I even have my own personal copy of it! And yes it did say I was having runs of nonsustained atrial tachycardia! (now I know what they call it medically!) My primary care is getting me two referrals, one for a local cardiologist that she works with and knows and also for a specialist in Seattle that handles the electrophysics stuff of the heart. I may be a candidate for some procedure. So PRAISE THE LORD, I'm slowing getting answers and feel like someone is listening to me and that it isn't all in my head!!!
I appreciate all of you that have been praying about this situation! I still need your prayers, as I get tired easily and it's often hard to take care of the kids when these episodes happen! I'm also grateful for the local friends who have pitched in and helped me with babysitting as well. It makes trips to the doctor's so much easier!
Have a blessed Sunday........
No comments:
Post a Comment