Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My ER Experience.............

Well, my dear readers, I have even more blogging material, thanks to a trip to the ER last night. I know that you probably think I'm nuts (which I am!), but I can't help it when my sense of humor kicks in, even if it is in a serious situation.
I was having "issues" last night, and my husband finally had had enough, so we made a trip to our local emergency room. It was quite interesting. I had a terrific doctor with a great sense of humor, that put me at ease right away. I was poked, prodded, wired up and x-rayed. However, the best part was............. when they brought in warm blankets after I had put on one of those drafty robes. Now, I know you can have warm blankets at home, after you pull them out of the dryer, but it's not the same thing. These come all folded nicely and extremely warm. To be honest, this was my favorite part of being in the hospital when I was six, and this heart stuff all began! (I guess I haven't changed much!) The least favorite part of this experience was of course, giving up some of my precious blood!!! That hasn't changed either. I can still remember when I was younger they would come in in the middle of the night to draw blood, and I have had a phobia about it ever sense. But now I can at least self-talk myself through it. I always tell myself, if I can go through childbirth with no pain meds, I should be able to endure having my blood drawn! (it worked, and I endured it!!)
So I guess for the more seriousness of this whole situation, I have a few more answers, still not what I want to hear. However, they were able to rule out some other stuff since my tests (blood work/chest x-ray) came back okay. My mind is at a little more ease, but still waiting for my cardiologist in Tacoma to get his act together.
That's it for now.....I did warn my husband last night, that if anything our evening would give me material to write about......he thought I was absolutely crazy! (I know, I am, I can't help it!- just got to laugh about it!)

3 comments:

The Salisburys said...

LEANDRA!!! You better get on the phone to that Dr. in Tacoma and tell him to get with it:):) Seriously, I sure hope you get some answers SOON! I am thinking of you!

Echoes From The Heart of the Hollow said...

Praying for you,Leann,here in Oklahoma.Angels around you and yours.Margaret H.

LeAnn said...

Thanks Margaret! I appreciate the prayers! Yes, Carla, I know, I'm making progress. Will blog about it soon!