Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer days.....




Above are just a few pics of our one day beach extravaganza! It was fun. Our kids have pretty much recovered from whatever bug they had. Now they just have some lingering runny noses and coughing! Oh, and poor Chris got sick on Friday this weekend with it. I felt really bad since I had to make a quick dash over to Tacoma and couldn't take care of him! He survived and did a great job of taking care of the kids in spite of everything.
There was a ladies tea at our previous church, Victory Fellowship, and I had been invited to speak at it. That's where I went on Friday/Saturday this past weekend. Whew! I was nervous and apprehensive, but it did help knowing that I knew most of the ladies. I shared with them " A Friendship Recipe" and made chocolate chip cookies in front of them, and likening all the ingredients to stuff in friendship. I give God the glory for helping me (especially coming up with the scriptures that co-ordinated!). It was definitely a step out of my comfort zone, but I've come to realize that serving God certainly requires it!
This week, we have a barbecue planned with our young adult Bible Study group from church. Looking forward to it and catching up with everyone.
Friday Rebekah has a field trip with school and a dentist appointment in the afternoon. Should prove to be an interesting day.
Not too much else going on our life...just the normal stuff of summer! Yes, it's been warm here in the high 70's low 80's! Divine and Perfect! Of course, when you have hot days and young kids, the only other thing to do is play in the water! I can't seem to keep them out of it!! I better close....my kids are hungry again....I know I just fed them....???!

No comments: