Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer vacation.....

It's really here. Summer vacation! I'm still in shock and not quite ready for it. You see I have this confession. The last day of kindergarten for my daughter was yesterday and it was almost worst then the first day of school! I'm so bummed that this year went by so fast and now she will be in 1st grade and gone all day long. (this mommy is going to miss her bunches!) Not sure what I'm going to do with Austin all day by myself either!! He will definitely miss not having her home to play with.
Oh, and of course my routine is all messed up. I like routine and a schedule (okay, a loosely scheduled schedule!-ha!). I just got in my groove with school and now it's summer and have to find a new "groove". By the time I get it figured out it will be fall and school will start again!! It's never-ending this circle of life, isn't it??
I do plan on enjoying my summer with my kiddos. We have a playdate tomorrow at the park with some other MOPS moms, so that should be fun. It's always much more fun to go there and be able visit with someone I know. I'm also hoping to get her to at least one VBS too, this summer. Maybe we will get some berry picking in as well. Really need to make some more freezer jam, as we went through what I made last year, pretty fast.
Later on in July, my friend Stephanie (whom I've known since kindergarten!) is coming up. She has to fly to Alaska with her family for her brother's wedding. So she is going to come back a few days early and we get to spend some time together! Shopping and coffee here we come! I'm so excited. Haven't seen her for 2 years!!!
Then my parents are driving out for a visit! They get here the end of the week after Stephanie leaves. My mom and I are going to go to the Women of Faith Conference in Seattle that weekend. YIPEE! This is my fourth time (I think) and my mom's first. I know we are going to have a blast.
Our young adult Bible study at our church started back up again last night, so that will be keeping us busy. This time we are reading the book, Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. So far it is awesome!!!
My hubby joined our churche's softball team this year. They have been praticing for a while now, and their games start next week. That will keep us busy on Monday nights for the next seven weeks!
I guess you could say it won't be a boring summer as we do have a lot going on! I'm glad. It will help me to get in my "groove". Well I must close this missive and get my morning started. Had my cup of java, now just need my to do my devotions and try working on a menu for the next couple of weeks.
Blessings to all.......enjoy your day!

2 comments:

The Salisburys said...

Sounds like you have a busy summer! Same here it seems! Have fun with your friend and your parents! Trust me I am right there with you on the school thing :(

1 Loved Family! said...

so have you decided not to homeschool her next year?
Can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!