Sunday, July 5, 2009

I know it's been a while.....

Well I knew I had to update this blog of mine, when my best friend, finally updated hers after months of Christmas pics being on there! Thanks Steph- I enjoyed your pics and updates, and you inspired me to catch mine up as well!


Let me recap the last several weeks.

We've been enjoying our summer vacation immensely! Sleeping in (well sort of!), goofing off, going to the park, and making lots of MUD!(okay, just the kids have been doing that!) Rebekah and Austin have also enjoyed having several of the neighbor kids over as well.

For the 4th of July we got in a little day trip since Chris had Friday off. We took a ferry ride to Seattle Thursday evening, which the kiddos loved lots! Then on Friday we went with Chris's parents to Snoqualamie Falls and then to Seattle Center for the kiddie rides. Whew! It was a very fun day making lots memories! Then that evening we visited with some good friends (eating and playing games) before we headed home arriving home about midnight. Yes, we are kind of crazy, but we needed to be home to clean our house, before our company arrived! Saturday, after the Pam & Lloyd came, us girls went and did some "shopping" and then barbecued in the afternoon with Chris's sister Lisa, her husband Steve, joining us. Then today, after church Rebekah had a birthday party at the park. I'm so tired tonight!!!!

Tomorrow, is VBS at the church that sponsors our MOPS group, so I plan on taking the kids. I'm hoping Bubba will cooperate and be able to stay. I will actually get a couple of hours of free time!! WHOOHOO! I know some of you might think, what kind of mom am I, wanting to ditch the kids at VBS, but I'm just a mom who needs some quiet every now and then, so I can hear myself think. Lately I've had so much interference with my chatterbox kids that I can't get my thought to connect right. I haven't been able to write anything for my Thursday Afternoon blog for a while, so maybe with a few hours of quiet I can get the words to flow! (only with God's help, that is!!)

Well I think I will end this missive for now.....my pillow is loudly calling my name! I will post pics of our fun later on!

No comments: