Thirteen days into November, the days seem to fly by so fast. I'm sitting here enjoying the scent of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies wafting through the air. Yum! The days are definitely growing shorter, wind is howling and rain in the forecast for most days. However, today we have some sunshine, with lots of wind.
We've been busy......to say the least, the last month or so. Austin just got over the croup this week and that was no fun! Tuesday evenings we have young adult Bible study, and just started, The Truth Project. It's been fun getting to know everyone and our group is growing. Rebekah and Austin both go to AWANA,(Sparks for her, Cubbies for him) and that keeps us busy on Wednesday nights. Every other Thursday, finds me at MOPS. I am doing Publicity for them this year, and it's been fun working on newsletters, business cards, etc. Our church just recently started a contemporary service, and Chris is learning to run the sound board for them. That takes up his Thursday evenings. Our only free time is either Monday or Friday nights, and even then they seem to fill up with miscellaneous stuff. Every other Saturday, is "the-girls-on-the-block" Bible study which alternately meets at my house. We are studying, Esther-It's Tough Being a Woman, written by Beth Moore! What an incredible study and I'm learning so much. Of course, it's alot of fun to sit around with my friends, sip tea and munch on biscotti or whatever sweets we can find!! !
Of course in just a couple of weeks, Thanksgiving will be here and not too long after that Christmas. WOW! Whatever plans we have that include family and friends, will make for some enjoyable holidays.
Well, I'm off. I must tackle the pile of laundry and tidy this (disastrous)living room, and figure out what to make for dinner.
Oh, and before I forget, most of you know that I'm an avid reader. I just discovered a new inspirational author, Laura Frantz, The Frontiersman's Daughter. It's based on the frontier life in Kentucky! An amazing story! What is really neat, is the author lives in Port Angeles. If you have a chance I highly recommend you pick up this and settle in for a good read. It's a page turner and you won't want to put it down!
Blessings..........
1 comment:
Good to hear about what is going on with you all! Sounds as if you are very busy and getting adjusted to the new town! Take care! Always good to 'see' you again! Maybe one of these days it won't be on the internet!:) Love ya!
Post a Comment