Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Clean, clean, clean

My house is tidy and clean, and I'm so loving it. Last week, I did major cleaning around the house, and also managed to do some much needed organization of the horizontal filing system on my desk. It had gotten way out of control and I was starting to misplace things, never a good thing! Austin and Rebekah's rooms are also staying tidy!  I've been trying really hard each day to maintain it, because I realize how much I enjoy a nice clean house. Even working to keep the dishes washed in a timely manner! Don't know what's gotten in to me, but I'm liking it.

What else is going on with me? Well I finally managed to correct my pathetic checkbook error and am now only eleven cents off! Whoohoo! I even checked again  today just to make sure and yes, I balanced again in less than week! I know, this really doesn't make sense to a lot of people, but I'm quite picky in this area. Maybe it's because I like to be control (or pride)..........................(hmm, lots to contemplate there!)

I've been doing some cooking and baking. Yesterday I made chocolate chip cookies, and today, I made a pan of enchiladas for Bible study tonight. Who knows what else I will get inspired to make! I'm thinking some good ole' fattening pumpkin bread sounds pretty yummy, but we'll see! Finished reading a book, called Frozen Assets, about cooking one day a month and having a supply of frozen meals on hand for every night. Not sure if it would totally work for me, but it sounds interesting. I like to be organized but there is a certain part of me that likes to do spontaneous things, including last minute change of menu plans (according to my mood). And there were a lot of recipes that I know wouldn't work for my family. Has anyone else tried this system? Does it work for you? Just curious......and like to gather other's opinions on things.

Well I had better get going. It's almost time for me to dash off to Bible study. Our book is so good and I'm recognizing the pride issue in my life, more and more. I will leave you with the following quotes to ponder:

"Pride is when sinful human beings aspire to the status and position of God and refuse to acknowledge their dependence on Him."

"Pride takes innumerable forms but has only one end: self-glorification. That's the motive and ultimate purpose of pride--to rob God of legitimate glory and to pursue self-glorification, contending for supremacy with Him."

Quotes are from Chapter 2, The Perils of Pride. The book, Humility--True Greatness, was written by C.J. Mahaney.

2 comments:

The Salisburys said...

The Bible study sounds great! Also, I have thought about the once a month cooking thing but alot of the recipes wouldn't work for us either so I am not sure it would be worth it?? The convenience of already having it done tho sounds great! YAY for a tidy house! I have somewhat of a schedule for cleaning because of homeschooling. It certainly doesn't always get done but it helps me to stay on top of things....which is a neverending job! Miss you!

LeAnn said...

It was good to hear from you. I'm in the same boat with the cooking, it would be soooo nice to be able to pull out a meal from the freezer whenever I needed. But alot of them were pasta with sauces, etc. or other stuff we might not eat. And then I don't like to repeat stuff too often....oh, well. Maybe I could just do 2-3 of them to try it out. The clean house, well I'm not sure, but I've had a spurt of energy for over a week now, and I've been getting all kinds of things done. Weird.....I'm normally so laidback I don't care!-Ha!