Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rain & coffee

Sitting here, sipping some Starbucks Coffee-Casi Cielo, that I received from my secret sister at MOPS. It's delicious, and a perfect accompaniment to writing (well, my opinion anyway!). I've had to urge blog for several days now, and I'm finally taking the time to do it. 

We've been busy the last few weeks. Austin turned 5yrs old on Feb 16. I can't believe how fast it's flown by. I'm a little sad with the thought he will be going to kindergarten this fall. But he is certainly ready for it. We celebrated with family and friends over President's Day weekend. It was a fun time, as our friends from Tacoma came over and stayed with us for a couple of nights. We enjoyed staying up late, laughing and playing Scattergories. Makes for good memories!!

Last Friday, we had a Raging Praise event at our church (Sequim Bible Church). They have several worship bands play and there is food, babysitting and MOCHAS!! It's kind of fun to just to sit back relax and enjoy an evening full of praise music.

Saturday, I attended a brunch at the church, as it was a kick-off to our mentoring program that we are trying to get started. It's based on the Titus 2 approach, of older women training the younger women. I'm really excited about the possibilities of this program. There is so much wisdom to be gained in a relationship with an older mature Christian woman. I can't wait to be paired up with someone.

Sunday, was our normal busy day. I work nursery during first service and then attend second service. That evening they had an awesome communion/baptism service. It was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday evening.

Early Monday morning, Austin came down with a little "bug" consisting of a fever and sore throat. Today he is doing much better and his fever is finally gone! And I'm ready to get out (in the pouring drizzle) after being home for the last two days! I think I see a trip to the library in the very near future. It's my favorite place to go........love being able to browse through the books, in search of a good novel to curl up with. The possibilities are endless.

Well....I will close for now. I'm off to have my devo's so I can get my day officially started!

Blessings to all this rainy Wednesday!!

No comments: