| It's been perfect tea-sipping weather. Chai spice....delicious! |
A few weeks go, our Women's Ministry at church, held their annual spring tea. It was so fun. I was able to host a table and four women from my previous church come join me for the afternoon. It was a very memorable day! Thanks, Nancy, Kay, Sandy and Ruth for bringing some much needed laughter into my life that day.
We are now in the final weeks of school, but there are still six weeks left. I know! Ridiculous!! Our schools do not get out until the third week in June. But we don't start until after Labor Day and then there was an added day to make up for all the snow days this past winter! However, Rebekah is enjoying 2nd grade immensely. They went on a field trip to the Point Defiance Zoo a few weeks ago. It was a lot of fun...and one of the few days where there was no wet stuff falling from the sky! And June 1st, she will be celebrating her 8th birthday. We have decided on a tea-party and she will get to use the china tea cups. She also asked for red-velvet cupcakes for dessert.
I take my baby in this next week, for his Kindergarten Readiness testing!! (sniff, sniff!) I can't believe he is growing up so fast. Next fall, is going to be so different with him gone. I'm am kind of thankful, that it is only half-day kindergarten, so it will give me time to adjust! He is so ready! Most days after dropping off his sister at school, he asks me "So mom, what are we going to do today?" He is always ready to go to the park or have a play date. I know that he is going to enjoy being with other kids next year. I guess mom, is just getting too boring, and there it isn't enough fun stuff going on at home.
As for me..........well, I have my busy days and my slow days. Most weeks there are variations of the schedule, but sometimes various meetings for whatever I'm involved with, organizing menus/shopping lists/nursery schedules, MOPS(rotating weeks) and our weekly young adult Bible Study to keep me busy. The last MOPS meeting is coming up this week, and then I will have one less thing on my plate for a while. I also have the privilege of being on our retreat planning committee again this year. Now, that is a subject for whole another blog post. All I can say is, God is working in incredible and awesome ways. And in the past two or three weeks, I can definitely see God's thumbprint on this particular ministry. It's so exciting!
On my slow days.....the days of rain and coldness, you would probably find me, snuggled up with my fuzzy blanket and warm socks, while enjoying a good novel, or watching some Food Network or HGTV. I've really been struggling these last several weeks. When the calendar says "spring" I automatically assume, sunshine, planting, etc. I suppose this time of year is harder than fall/winter. I expect bad, crummy weather with those seasons, but I'm so hopeful for spring, that my I feel disappointed when it doesn't reach my expectations. I'm sure that are several of you, that can commiserate with me, with this particular problem!! Ah....the challenge of finding peace in the rain.
Chris has been busy with playing bass guitar for the R-SBC band,"Rocking-Sequim Bible Church". It also stands for their names, Ryan, Sarah, Billy, & Chris! I thought it was pretty neat when I heard it too. He will also be filling during the traditional service, when they need a bass guitar player. He is still involved with the High-school youth group, helping out with games.
And we both have been extremely spoiled lately, to have a coffee bar installed in the youth room. Every time we go to our young adults group, we seem to find an excuse for a white mocha, or iced caramel latte! I have been trying to be careful, because it really doesn't help to induce sleep when I consume a double-shot just a few hours before bedtime! Ha!!
Well..............rainy blessings to all. I'm glad I finally got to properly update my blog. Still not happy with my layout/template...but I guess it will just give me something to do, on another misty, wet day!!
1 comment:
Hey Girl! I enjoyed reading all about your life and what is going on with you all! I still love blogs over Facebook. It's so much more "personal" I think! I am with you on the rain. We are just now starting to get some nicer weather. We have had SO MUCH RAIN! I thought of you in the process cause I was having a really hard time with the weather and no sun! Love you!
Post a Comment