Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Naps, clucking,& randomness....

I can't believe  its been so long since I've blogged! WOW!! I've wanted to, many times, but sometimes I sit down to write and nothing comes out. My thoughts get all jumbled up and I can't even make sense out of them ( so I know you wouldn't either). I love that writing is such good therapy for whatever ails me!

So I will start with naps and clucking. I'm sure you are wondering how these two unrelated things might go together, but I assure you they do. Last Monday, I decided to take a nap (something that doesn't happen often!). I was just getting comfy with my fuzzy blanket and pillow, when I heard a noise outside. It was  a  a loud commotion of clucking and bird sounds. I hesitated thinking that's a very odd sound, but decided since I was so comfy, that I wouldn't bother getting up and checking on it. I  just dismissed it as unusual bird screeching, etc. I had a lovely nap, and felt so much better when I woke. As I laid there, trying to convince myself I needed to get up out of my warm cocoon, I heard some more clucking sounds. I was mystified.  I thought, it's not possible for clucking sounds to be coming from outside in our yard.  So I finally climbed out of bed and looked out my back window. Sure enough.........there was a lone chicken.....wandering around my back yard!! Have absolutely no idea how it ended up in our yard.  And apparently she (I'm pretty sure it's a hen) likes it, because she has been nesting in our back hedge and comes out during the day to scrounge for food. I have tried getting pictures to prove her existence, but alas, she is too fast, and every time I get ready to snap a good one, she is off and running!!! It's just one of those crazy things that brings a smile to my face whenever I think about it. I did hear a rooster this morning, so there must be other chickens around in the vicinity, but I'm pretty sure my closest neighbors don't have any. We will see what happens, if she stays or if she goes.

Life seems to be flying by, can't believe it's mid-March already. I'm waiting for Spring!!! It will be nice to have some warm weather and be able to get some work done around the yard. I'm even contemplating planting a garden this year. I guess I should get on it, and get to planning what veggies will grow the best for our area.

AWANA will be winding down here in a couple of weeks. Our program runs from September through the end of March. It will be nice to have a bit of a break, before I start preparing for next year.

Well, I'm off for now. Going to go eat my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, with a side of Cheetos!




No comments: