Thursday, October 11, 2012

Turning over a new leaf.....blogging!

It's been near perfect weather here these last couple of months.  I've savored the warmth of the sunshine on my face, enjoyed being outside without a hoodie on, and seized the opportunity to wear flip-flops nearly every day.  But now, Fall has come to the Pacific Northwest. After 81 days of no rain (only 3/10 inch) we are getting ready for our first rain of the season tomorrow. It was cool and foggy last night. There is a crispness to the air, the leaves have begun turning their delightful red and orange hues, and have began to fall with sweet abandon. I know I've said it before (even on previous posts...) but I LOVE fall!  It's one of my favorite seasons.


So what am I doing to enjoy my favorite season?

I have recently been given several pounds of apples. I made an apple pie and my first batch of applesauce a couple weeks ago. Now, I'm on my second batch. I love the smell of cinnamon wafting through the air. Definitely a smell of the season!

I should probably begin restocking my tea supplies as well. Now, you are wondering....tea? I thought she drank coffee! I do........both! I'm very much addicted to my morning cup of java, however, on cool fall afternoons, there is nothing better, than holding a cup of hot tea (like vanilla chai) in my hands to warm them.

It's also time to dig out my flannel sheets. I enjoy tucking myself into bed and knowing that I'm instantly warm, instead of becoming an instant ice cube! My toes have already found my warm wool socks. I just picked a 3-pack at Costco this week (and I have them on now, even as I type!).  They are delightfully warm.

Now that the leaves are falling, I've decided to turn over a new leaf (or rather revisit an old one!).....blogging! I really miss being able to take my thoughts to the keyboard, to see if I can make some semblance of them. So often, I find myself, reading Facebook, keeping up with family and friends. I don't mind that, but sometimes I need more. I need somewhere to express myself, ideas, things I'm pondering, and my wacky sense of humor. Blogging lets me do all of that!! So I'm going to try and keep up with posting as often as I can. I appreciate whoever, takes the time to read my random thoughts, etc.! Thanks!!

Go. Enjoy. Fall.


No comments: