Today, has had bits and piece of normalcy, and some rather unusual bits as well! We left early this morning, so I could practice with the worship team, since I'm filling in (as the pianist) for our pastor's wife, while she is visiting family. So that meant, quite the early morning, getting us all out the door by 8am or a little after. I decided last night I needed to be on top of things today, since it would be so crazy. I prepped a pan of oatmeal and let it sit in the fridge over night, and baked it this morning. It was delicious! Then I thought, well, I will be really organized and put the pork roast in the crock-pot so we can eat lunch soon after we get home. Got home from church, and as I was trying to shut car door, the rosebush and I had an "encounter" and it won! Ouch! Thorns are never nice! (The thorny branches have since been removed...so this will not happen again!) After I walked in the house, I made an important discovery....the power was out! Oh dear!! Yes......my fantastic "lunch" idea was not cooked! So that completely changed my plans! The electricity finally did come back on (an hour or so later), so I put the roast back on to finish cooking. We will be having it for dinner tonight! What a day!!!
Enjoyed our pastor's sermon this morning. It was from Ephesians 4:24-28, which was what I had been reading earlier this week in my Bible study! (Amazing how that happens!!) Those verses I read earlier, have still been in my thoughts. Our pastor shared this quote today (and last week).
"The only reliable evidence of a person's being saved is not a past experience of receiving Christ but a present life that reflects Christ."
What do you think? Agree....disagree?? Interesting thought.
Sunday blessings......to you and your family!
3 comments:
V and I have had some interesting conversations on that topic recently.
V and I have had some interesting conversations on that topic recently.
And??? Would love to hear your thoughts! We will have to Skype sometime......
Post a Comment