I woke up this morning, to my daughter leaning over my bed, greeting me with a hug and kiss. Not a bad way to start the day! She is up by 6:30am, on Tuesdays and Thursday, to catch the bus, because of an early P.E. class. Then Chris left a few minutes later, and that left Austin and I with the house to ourselves. I have to say its much easier to get one kid ready than two! I took Austin to school and then headed to church for our Bible study. We started Beth Moore's, James...Mercy Triumphs study. So excited!! Can't wait to dive in and see what God has for me!!
Then it was off the store to grab a bite to eat, then back to the kid's school for a meeting. We have these once a month meetings between the staff and teachers, so we have the opportunity to know what's going on. It's an different type of public school (half homeschool/half normal), but that's a subject for a whole another blog post. This is our 2nd year, and we are enjoying it.
Of course, this was the day for grocery shopping, so I managed to squeeze in both Wal-mart and Costco. After I finished at Costco, my daughter calls to ask me, if I would pick them up! So of course, I obliged so they didn't have to ride the bus home.
Thankfully, I bought a easy meal from Costco (deli Pizza), so I've been able to relax! Whoohoo! I do like to take a night off, every now and then, and not have to make a complete meal for the family.
Yesterday afternoon, I managed to get my menu done for the next couple of weeks. I was delighted to have so much accomplished, however, I forgot to plan for last night's dinner, so we were almost late to AWANA, waiting for my cheeseburger pie (a box of Bisquick is very helpful at times-lol!) to finish baking!! Craziness!! I don't profess to have it all together, that's for sure!! Maybe tomorrow I will share a few of my menu ideas.
That about sums up my day. In a little while, we are supposed to have praise team practice, with our friends up the road. And I still have to clean up the kitchen!!
Tonight, I will tuck my kiddos into bed, with a hug and kiss goodnight! A kiss at the beginning and end of my day, that's what I call being blessed!!
Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment