Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day #5

First day of Fall! Yipee!! My cousin Sondra has shared on her blog, quite the long list of stuff she enjoys this time of year. I'm pretty sure, my list would be very similar. Every year, I love to write/blog about autumn.

Perhaps, I will share a list of my favorite things too. Sondra, I hope you don't mind!


Fall Favorites:

  • Fires in our wood stove (right now, it's about 77 degrees in here, and still 58 outside! Ha!)

  • Rain (okay, I will be honest, I can only tolerate it when it's in the proper season of fall; by the end of winter, I'm growing quite tired of it, and by spring, I'm just sick of it!)

  • Reading a novel- all curled up in a fuzzy blanket

  • Taking the kids to school on cold crisp mornings, and waiting impatiently for the windows to defrost.

  • Going to my Thursday morning Bible studies........(our church women's group meets during the fall/spring to do a study, usually a Beth Moore) 

  •  Wearing all manner of warm clothing, hoodies, scarves, wool socks, gloves, etc.

  • Drinking all kinds of yummy warm drinks.......love pumpkin spice lattes, chai tea, and once in a while, hot apple cider.

  • Wind storms, and watching the plethora of leaves that are released from trees, cascade to the ground; however, I do not enjoy loosing electricity during one of those storms!

  • Baking yummy goodies in the kitchen (pumpkin bread, cookies, cinnamon rolls, etc.)

  • Having no where to go, enjoying the warm comfort of home....all day long!

This is in no way a complete list. But I'm so tired, that I want to move up that appointment with my pillow and my bed.

So goodnight....and a happy fall evening to you!








2 comments:

Sondra said...

If my house was 77 degrees my hubby would be a sweaty blob. LOL I don't think he'd care for that much.

LeAnn said...

LOL!! A sweaty blob!! Ha! Well, it just kind of makes me run around in "summer" clothes!!! :)